- Large floppy ears.
- Usually between 12-20 cm in length.
- White, brown or grey in colour.
- Has a long, thin, hairy tail that is about the same length as its body.
- Triangular snout with long whiskers.
- Produces 40-100 droppings per day.
- 40 cm or longer
- White, brown, grey or black in colour.
- Long hairless and scaly tail.
- Blunt snout.
- Leaves a grease mark on surfaces that it rubs against.
- 20-50 droppings per day.
Do I have rodents in my house?
A rodent is a pest. It is important to know what you are looking for when determining if you have a rodent pest problem in your home or business.
If you see:
Gnaw marks – Mice and Rats can chew through almost anything. This can cause serious damage to your home. This pest will try to get to the wires behind your walls and chew them. This can even cause fires. These gnaw marks are a clear sign of a rodent infestation
Rub marks – It is likely you have rats if you see rub marks along your walls and baseboards. Rats leave these greasy marks as they walk between their nest and their food source.
Droppings – This pest is usually found in kitchen cabinets, under sinks, and along baseboards. Their feces carry harmful bacteria, transmit serious disease and trigger allergies.
Nests – Found in quiet areas where they hope not to be disturbed. If you see shredded paper, cotton, maybe insulation strewn about, the rodents have probably been working on their nests.
Noises – If you hear noises in the walls during the evening and night, it is likely that it is a family of mice scurrying between their food source and their nest. This could be a large pest problem that you need to take control of quickly.
If you see one or more of these signs, then it is safe to say you have a rodent pest problem that you need to take control of. Our service will rid your commercial or residential home of all rodents in a effective and timely manner. We will provide you with solutions to ensure the health and safety of your family and customers. Eliminate these pests and take control of the situation as soon as possible.
Did you know?
- Mice and rats can swim. They can climb and they are amazing jumpers. Mice can actually jump over a foot into the air. This allows the rodents to get onto your kitchen counters with ease.
- Mice don’t need a big hole to gain access into your home. They can squeeze through openings as small as the size of a dime or 1/4 inch.
- A female mouse can give birth at the age of 2 months. They can have up to 12 babies every 3 weeks. That is a total of up to 150 each year!
- A female rat can become pregnant at just 6 weeks old. She can have a litter of 10-12 babies every 3 or 4 weeks.
If you see signs of a rodent problem in your home or business, it is safe to assume that there are more than a few. It is important to get a professional to Pest Proof your location. Seal up all small cracks and openings. Stop the infestation as soon as possible.
A rodent is a pest! You must find the right products and the right service to rid your location of all rodents. Call us today to learn about our products, traps, rodent management, and animal removal. At First Defence Pest Control we have over 17 years of experience.